Waterco Glass Pearl Glass Media
Manufactured from 100% virgin glass, Waterco glass pearls are a new generation of filter media, capable of providing water of superior clarity and requiring less water for backwashing.
More info & images
Grade 1 Glass Pearls have a small effective size of only 0.6mm to 0.8mm. Its narrow particle size range allows in-depth filtration and extends operating cycles between backwashing. Glass Pearls have been laboratory tested to be able to effectively filter down to below 3 microns.
Safe and Smooth
Glass Pearls are spherical and do not have any sharp edges. They are safe to handle and safe to service. If there is ever a failure of the filter’ s laterals and glass beads flow into the swimming pool, they pose no risk of injury to swimmers.
Waterco Glass Pearls are manufactured from 100% virgin glass and chemically inert. Waterco Glass Pearls have been independently lab tested for leeching contaminants and found to be well within Australian Drinking Water Guidelines.
Glass Pearl’s spherical smooth shape, results in a low co efficient of friction, reducing its backwash water requirements. Glass Pearls backwashes with up to 20% less water than sand, saving time and water.
Glass Pearls are easy to install and enables a rapid start up of the media filter. Its high purity means very little backwashing is required to cleanse the filter media, prior to commissioning the filter.
Waterco Eco Pure Glass Bead Media
Waterco Glass media has the green credentials, and with its superior performance is also cost effective in comparison to sand.
More info & images
Waterco Glass media has many benefits over sand:
- Waterco Glass media is more efficient – It removes 30% more material and pollutants than sand, so saving on backwashing and the resultant water, energy and chemical treatment costs
- Waterco Glass media keeps cleaner – It is less susceptible to bio-fouling. As the product is heat treated surfaces are smooth, so requiring less remedial action and again less chemical treatment to kill pollutants
- Waterco Glass media requires less material – It is less dense than sand, requiring 20% less media to fill the equivalent filter
- Waterco Glass media doesn’t degrade – It therefore has a longer life span
- Waterco Glass media – Is suitable for both commercial and domestic applications
- Other sizes available: 0.0 – 0.2mm, 0.2 – 0.5mm, 0.5 – 1.0mm, 0.7 – 1.5mm, 1.0 – 2.0mm, 1.0 – 3.0mm, 3.0 – 6.0mm