Compact – but doesn’t sacrifice performance
With greater take up of heat pumps as an efficient and cost effective pool heating solution, Waterco has expanded its Electroheat range. The newest model, the Electroheat MKIV 9kW, combines compactness and performance to effectively heat domestic pools and spas.
As with other models in the range, the Electroheat MKIV 9kW is a viable alternative to solar pool heating, particularly especially where roof space is limited or inaccessible.
“The Electroheat MKIV 9kW is compact, but it certainly packs a punch. It might be the smallest model within the Electroheat family, but it doesn’t sacrifice performance,” says Adam Shelley, Zane Solar & Heating Manager.
“So whether it’s a two-person spa, a swim spa, plunge pool or a domestic pool, this heat pump is an ideal heating solution.”
The Electroheat MKIV incorporates titanium heat exchanger technology, providing greater surface area for increased heat transfer performance. It also ensures total protection against erosion and corrosion.
Additionally, the Electroheat MKIV 9kW is built with ozone friendly R410A refrigerant gas, which is environmentally friendly and improves the heat pump’s performance.
Flexibility is another key feature of the Electroheat MKIV 9kWk, with a compact design to enable greater installation flexibility. Not only that, but this model heat pump has been designed with ease of use and maintenance firmly in mind. For example, the LED control panel features a continuous digital pool temperature display and incorporates a self diagnosis system. In the event of an issue, the control panel will display diagnostic error codes.
Key features of the Electroheat MKIV:
- High density titanium heat exchanger: Provides greater surface area for increased heat transfer performance and has a longer life expectancy than standard copper heat exchangers. Titanium offers total protection against erosion and corrosion; it is resistant to chlorinated water, ozone, iodine, baquacil, bromine and salt water
- R410A refrigerant gas
- Temperature management and self diagnosis
- Compact dimensions: 117cm (W) x 32cm (L) x 69cm (H)
- Scroll compressor: The Electroheat MKIV is powered by a Scroll compressor, the quietest, most powerful, energy efficient compressor on the market.
- Weather proof cabinet: The heat pump’s cabinet is constructed of heavy-duty UV-resistant ABS body panels that are highly resistant to rust, corrosion and deterioration.
- Auto defrost control: Reduces frost on the evaporator
- Auto pressure switch: Shuts down the system in the event of no water flow
- High/low pressure refrigerant / auto reset: Shuts down the system in the event of high/low refrigerant pressure
- Compressor protection via a time delay: Allows the refrigerant to equalise before the compressor starts/restarts.